filtering this list

Hi,

Well, I've had procmail running for some time now, and it helps a
lot, but I still need to do some kind of post-procmail processing.

So I'm asking anyone who feels helpful today to give me a short
howto or some pointers.  I don't use gnus, but I tried starting it
up with my crypto folder as input, and it didn't work.  I'm not
sure yet where I made my mistake.

Before I spend a couple of hours re-inventing the wheel, can someone
tell me the preferred method for reading a mail folder that allows
one to do things like marking a subject as read?  Right now, I'm
using rmail (in emacs) to read my crypto folder, and it's just not
that easy to kill off a thread once I've had my fill.

For instance, I enjoyed the nuclear thread for awhile, but I would
have liked to be able to just 'k' it at one point.

thanks in advance,
tw