Re: Bomb information ban

In article <[email protected]>,
cjl <[email protected]> wrote:
>> All.  What part of Engineering doesn't have some impact or use in
>> bombmaking/usage?
>
>Genetic Engineering, of course, my silico-centric friend :-)

Actually, (a bird psych friend tells me) there was a variety of smart-
bomb developed in WWII that used a pigeon as its brain.  The pigeon would
be trained to peck at a building on a map, and then in the falling bomb
it would guide the bomb by pecking at a clear panel.

I don't think they were actually used, though.
--
L. Todd Masco  | Ingredients:  red, blue, and green quarks, six varieties of
[email protected]  |  gluons, electrons.  Some settling may occur in shipping.