NATIONAL CRYPTOGRAPHY POLICY

I saw this in Edupage, thought I'd pass it along.
Reuben

NATIONAL CRYPTOGRAPHY POLICY
The National Research Council is conducting a comprehensive study of
national cryptography policy, including such topics as: the availability of
cryptography technology to foreign and domestic parties; the
competitiveness of U.S. manufacturers and users of such technology; U.S.
national security and law enforcement interests; relative merits of various
cryptographic technologies; demand for information systems security based
on cryptography; the impact of foreign restrictions; the extent to which
current  policy is adequate for protecting U.S. interests; relative merits
of current key escrow implementation schemes; feasible policy options; and
recommendations for the process through which all interests are balanced in
the formulation of national cryptography policy. Send comments and other
correspondence to [email protected]. (NRC Release)