Re: pointers to IETF drafts

At 4:20 PM 11/18/94, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>The standard thing in these cases is to say "There are some neat RFC
>drafts on security in ftp://hostname/names; you might be interested."

At which time someone will go "Gee, what are they about?"

The announcement, in my opinion, *is* pointer.  What would be unacceptable
is the posting of said document with a note saying "Here's something I
thought everyone should read"

>I have already gotten three other copies of each of the three messages
>associated with Ran's new IPng drafts because every security mailing
>list on earth seems to operate on the "just forward everything"
>premise. More aren't needed.

Were they relavent to each of the lists?  I feel they are relavent to this
list.  You're the one on multiple security lists.  Surely it falls on you
to cope, not for the list to cope around you.

Bob

--
Bob Snyder N2KGO                               MIME, PGP, RIPEM mail accepted
[email protected]                      PGP & RIPEM keys on key servers