Re: working group draft announcements

At 6:32 PM 11/18/94, L. McCarthy wrote:
>Speaking of which, can anyone explain why my usually-MIME-compliant mail
>reader (ELM 2.4 PL22) pukes on the fancy parts of all these draft
>announcements ?  Personally, I find MIMEd messages very annoying because I'm
>forced to hit RETURN (not just "any key") several extra times for each
>message.  {Luckily, it's clear that I'd never have time to read any of these,
>so they get tossed in the bit bucket almost immediately.}

I would suspect because your copy of metamail, which elm's MIME handling
requires, isn't configured correctly.  It works fine for me in elm, and in
Eudora.  If you don't like the way elm calls out to metamail, you can set
the NOMETAMAIL environmental variable (under csh, "setenv NOMETAMAIL"), and
elm will show the messages without calling metamail (which means you lose
MIME capabilities, but if that's what you want....)

The optimal answer is a better MIME reader, but......

Bob

--
Bob Snyder N2KGO                               MIME, PGP, RIPEM mail accepted
[email protected]                      PGP & RIPEM keys on key servers