Re: usenet-to-mail

>Date: Sat, 19 Nov 1994 18:35:52 -0800
>From: [email protected] (Lucky Green)

>>  I'm afraid of losing
>>my full feed along with my account when I finish my masters.  I don't
>>want to go for a PhD just so I can keep browsing the alt groups.
>
> Better
>yet, find a private service provider that will let you use their
>newsserver. How do you inted to access the newsserver without an account,
>anyway?

Well, like I said, it's the alt groups that I'm worried about.  I have
an excellent net connection at work, being employed by a subsidiary of
Rockwell, but our news feed is politically correct.  I have access to
two accounts with full feeds, but one is not a shell account, and the
other one is the school account which goes away in a another year
(depending on how long I can drag out the degree), unless I start taking
post-grad classes.

So, my hope is that I can use gnus to talk to some other newsserver than
the censored local one.  I will try some of the places that were posted.

As far as the private newsserver provider goes, I'd go for it (when the
time comes), if I could buy just access to Usenet for a discount.  For
that matter, maybe a couple of years from now the Republicans will have
figured out a way to shut down the alt groups.  ;-)

I'm better off if I keep taking classes, anyway.  Don't know about the
rest of the folks on this list, but I don't feel like what I know about
computers today will carry me through retirement.

tw