Re: Admiral Inman

In list.cypherpunks, [email protected] writes:

> [email protected] (Jamie Lawrence) writes:
>
>> It does amaze me that what can be a victimless activity is such
>> a hotbutton.
>
> Drugs are victimless? What about crack babies, which cost a million
> dollars EACH in medical care, btw.

Exactly! And this is just one example of the victims. What about the extremely
high rate of crime motivated by the need for drugs? I have personally been a
victim twice (theft of my car and *nice stereo system* and a breakin to my
house where much was taken) in crimes which appeared to be motivated by the
the need for drugs. I don't see where legalizing drugs would motivate addicts
to start working to legitimately pay for their habits.

CJS