Re: Admiral Inman

> I recall hearing that Inman lost a tremendous amount of credibility in the
> government and the media during the confimation;

He lost even more during his rambling, almost incoherent "I'm withdrawing
my name" speech, which apparently took the administration by surprise
and wherein he sounded like a paranoid Perot as a victim of drug experiments.
Followup articles explained things like "hey, MCC isn't such a sterling
success as we all first thought."

Even if he were willing to be a spokesman, it'd probably hurt the cause.
	/r$