Re: PGP hook for Eudora?

>At 9:17 AM 11/30/94, [email protected] wrote:
>>I keep hearing about PGP hooks for (Mac) Eudora, but a casual search
>>of at least five advertised ftp sites has turned up nothing.  Can
>>someone post an address where this stuff can definitely be found?

The commercial Eudora (2.0 or later) supports the Word Services Apple
Events Suite.  This allows text services such as spellchecking or
encryption to be placed in the menu bar, without use of AppleScript.

There is not yet a Word Services aware encryption program, though, but its
not too hard to write one, starting from the existing MacPGP or pgptools
code.

The Word Services Software Development Kit should be on
mac.archive.umich.edu.  I'm going to put out an updated one for anonymous
FTP pretty soon.  The SDK only has example code for the client side (a
simple, teachtext-like word processor), but between that and the protocol
specification it should not be too hard to figure out.

I developed the Word Services suite (with lots of help), and prepared the
SDK, as well as implementing Word Services in Working Software's Spellswell
7 spellchecker.

Michael D. Crawford
[email protected]     <- Please note change of address.
[email protected] <- Finger me here for PGP Public Key.