Re: Effects of Marking/Delaying Nonsigned Posts

   From: [email protected] (Jamie Lawrence)

   Multiply that by a possible 25% (arbitrary) of the list being delayed [...]

This afternoon I considered starting the initial delay at one minute
and incrementing the delay by one minute each time a message gets
delayed.  Perhaps the increment would be 15 or 30 seconds--whatever.
The point is that the delay would ease in slowly and folks would get a
chance to adjust.

   >Having notification that a message wasn't signed was never presented
   >as one of the purposes of the proposal.

   My mistake then, I thought you had proposed marking messages as unsigned
   as an intermediate step.

I had proposed marking them, true, though not as notification, but
rather as automated commentary.  Notification is a (trivial and
useless) effect of the measure, but not its purpose.

Eric