Re: We are ALL guests (except Eric)

In article <[email protected]>,
Eric Hughes <[email protected]> wrote:
>That and simple notification in the header.  I am as yet undecided
>which one I think might come first.

FWIW, my vote would be "autonag" first.

>   The thing that's particularly alluring about the independent agent idea
>   is that you don't have to (ab?)use your position as list maintainer to
>   implement it,
>
>This is both an advantage and a disadvantage.  On one hand, harmony is
>maintained.  (I hear the guffaws too.)  On the other, the message
>isn't nearly as strong.  To reiterate, I am willing to use my
>position to send a stronger message.

Sure.  I'm not sure the message would get through as you're framing it,
though.  People don't react well to messages that are put too strongly...
a gentle, gradual approach is more likely to get through.  "Cypherpunks
grok the importance of digital signatures" is the message you want to
get through, not "Eric wants to punish people who don't use digital
signatures," no?

Somebody here suggests: "I think he should send everyone who uses digital
signatures a cookie.  A big chocolate chip cookie."  It is understood
that delivery might be a problem.

I can offer habaneros.  It's not clear whether that would be a stick or
a carrot.
--
Todd Masco     | "Roam home to a dome, Where Georgian and Gothic once stood
[email protected] |  Now chemical bonds alone guard our blond(e)s,