Academic crypto export over e-mail?

[email protected]:
> be other restrictions that I am not aware of to your using it.  The C++ code
> fragment above is just intended to illustrate the algorithm being discussed,
> and is not a complete application.  I understand this document to be
> Constitutionally protected publication, and not a munition, but don't blame
> me if it explodes or has toxic side effects.

Eeek! My skin just peeled off!

Seriously, I thought the whole ITAR hassle was that 'code fragments' intended
to 'illustrate algorithms' are only exportable on paper? After all Mike Ingle
can't sent me his Perl RSA libraries to 'illustrate cryptographic prototyping
techinques' even though the libraries don't run on their own.

"We know everything about you that we need to know" - Coleta Brueck, IRS
Rishab Aiyer Ghosh                                "In between the breaths is
[email protected]                                  the space where we live"
[email protected]                                        - Lawrence Durrell
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA