Re: MIME (again)

On Thu, 15 Dec 1994, Bob Snyder wrote:

> Only if the user chose to send things in application/pgp (or is it
> text/pgp?)  If they chose to send text/plain, they'd never have to
> deal with PGP.
>
> Forcing PGP down people's throats is not a way of winning "converts."
> You need to convince them of the need, they present well-integrated
> tools that make it simple.  If you try to force people to use PGP,
> they'll find work-arounds and do what they can to avoid it.

True, I never want to foce people to use something, however an
application so universily used such as e-mail would make a good place to
present PGP and allow people to have access to it without downloading and
compiling PGP for their selves, for each computer that uses PGP, ect. If
PGP remains as obscure to thoes not intrested in crypto, then I think the
program will not reach the people it is intented for, the masses. Not
everyone knows how to compile a program, or has the intrest in it enough
to read the docs that come with it to set it up. this is the reason I
have not used it yet, beacuse of just getting it set up.

						Groove on Dude
						Michael Conlen