Re: Breaking into girlfriend's files

On Thu, 22 Dec 1994, L. McCarthy wrote:

> Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 23:55:01 -0500
> From: L. McCarthy <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Breaking into girlfriend's files

> Black Unicorn writes:
> > If she gets burned using norton encrypt, perhaps she'll take the time to
> > learn about real encryption.  (I assume Norton's is trash)
> > Short term privacy loss perhaps, but long term gain.
>
> This sounds to me rather like saying:
> "If the American public gets burned by accepting Skipjack as the crypto
> standard, perhaps they'll take the time to learn about real encryption."

No, but close.  If the American people accept Skipjack crypto, they deserve
every bit of invasion they get for their laziness.  Educate yourself or
perish.  The day of government provided intelligence should be long
past.  What a crock of shit.

> I prefer the version where the American public doesn't get burned in the first
> place. If Clipper has to be adopted before the public will learn about real
> encryption, why are we bothering to try to promote it now ?  Shouldn't we be
> backing Clipper wholeheartedly, to teach 'em a lesson ?

America, the country that is so rich, we can afford to subsidize the lazy
and punish the prosperous.

(Apologies to the sig I stole that from...)

> [...]
> > The more I think about the above, the more I wonder if those on the list
> > have conflicting goals, that is, absolute privacy by agreement.  Are we
> > really that naive?
>
> I have ideals, yes. My deepest condolences if you don't have any.

I'm quite pleased I don't have even a trace of your ideals, thank you.

Though I suppose it's typical you should think your's superior to any out
there.  Sanctamonous liberal who would spend my money to educate the
lazy, what else would I expect.

> - -L. Futplex McCarthy
>

> - ---
> [This message has been signed by an auto-signing service.  A valid signature

[...]

-uni- (Dark)

073BB885A786F666 nemo repente fuit turpissimus - potestas scientiae in usu est
6E6D4506F6EDBC17 quaere verum ad infinitum, loquitur sub rosa    -    wichtig!