Re: Remailer postage

I strongly agree with Tim that one should not look
down at for-profit anonymizing services. This is the
_only_ way I see to establish and maintain reliable
service and avoid spamming and denial of service.
It's also the only way such a service can scale if
it becomes suddenly popular -- if there's no increased
revenue, it's going to be harder to get more h/w and
bandwidth.

Even if one had a heart of gold and purely charitable
instincts, one would eventually come to the conclusion
that such a service operates better if users are
paying for it. And this is even before we address matters
like the benefits of competition.

Doug