Re: time stamping service (again)

   From: [email protected] (Stephen D. Williams)

   It should have minimize bandwidth, minimize cpu, minimize storage
   levels of service to allow different levels of users to have
   different possible impact on the machine.  (Ie. : local, paying,
   regional, unknown, domain, etc.)

This is the area of policy, for which there are no general purpose
solutions that I know of.  I see a need for a general purpose module
that would accept authorization requests from various end-user
services (remailing, timestamping, storage, etc.) and return yes or
no.  If money is part of the policy, this is the place to implement
it.

That said, I don't think the lack of a policy engine prevents a
cypherware distribution from happening.

Eric