Re: Scientologys Attempts

On Mon, 16 Jan 1995, Hadmut Danisch wrote:

> I just had a view into the alt.religion.scientology and
> alt.clearing.technology newsgroups. There are some messages
> about a Scientology decision to shut down every internet traffic
> about Scientology. If the messages are true, Scientology sent
> rmgroup Control messages to remove the groups.
>
> The request to stop the remailers seems to come from the
> same people...

After reading the lawyer's threatening letter I tried to check out the
two newsgroups mentioned, and was told they do not exist.  (This is not a
local filter here; Eskimo does not censor newsgroups.)  So have they been
deleted?  If so, by whom and how? What is 'rmgroup' and who has the
authority to remove alt. groups?

Charles Bell