Re: Another problem w/Data Havens...

> 	I could write a procmail recipe and a script in about an hour to
> automatically secret-share-split and redistribute the incoming submission.

   I'll wager most of us could.  Question: whom would you redistribute it
_TO_?  This seems to be the stumbling block - who is willing to store the
data on their machine or net account?  Speaking as someone with about
300k of quota left, it certainly couldn't be me, though I'd be willing to
handle the frontend interfacing work.

   How would you handle retrieval of the data?

> If the authorities attempt to indict you for possessing illegal
> information / kiddie porn / whatnot, they have to prove that you
> interfered with the automatic redistribution process and examined the
> contents of the submission. If you in fact did not look at the submission,
> they would have a difficult time doing so.

   Unfortunately I've found that the U.S. government especially can make
your life a living hell if you don't go along with their desires, even if
you're following all the laws.  Trumped-up charges.  Fake charges.  I
wouldn't put much past our government.

-jon

( --------[ Jonathan D. Cooper ]--------[ [email protected] ]-------- )
( PGP 2.6.2 keyprint: 31 50 8F 82 B9 79 ED C4  5B 12 A0 35 E0 9B C0 01 )
( home page: http://taz.hyperreal.com/~entropy/ ]---[ Key-ID: 4082CCB5 )