Re: Another problem w/Data Havens...

On Wed, 18 Jan 1995, Jonathan Cooper wrote:

> > If the authorities attempt to indict you for possessing illegal
> > information / kiddie porn / whatnot, they have to prove that you
> > interfered with the automatic redistribution process and examined the
> > contents of the submission. If you in fact did not look at the submission,
> > they would have a difficult time doing so.
>
>    Unfortunately I've found that the U.S. government especially can make
> your life a living hell if you don't go along with their desires, even if
> you're following all the laws.  Trumped-up charges.  Fake charges.  I
> wouldn't put much past our government.

I think the worst is that the government never seems to be in the mood
for giving your computer equipment back to you. Hiding your phycal
location, being out of the question, (old thread), all the government has
to do is drum up suspision and enough information for a warrant for your
computer equipment, then your screwed out of a system. If you had a
system good enough to efectivly handle DH's or even remailers, your out
of a good sum of money.

						Groove On Dude
						Michael Conlen