Re: BROKEN REMAILERS

>I have tested remailers and their PGP keys over some time now and this is
>what I have found:
>
>MIXMASTER is a great, fast and reliable remailer but you can't PGP with it.
>
>[email protected] is just as fast and reliable (same guy) and you
>can use PGP, but a few weeks ago it started acting really funny: It will
>forward any ATTACHED files, but it will only read the first commandline
>of a PGP block that has been pgp'ed with Nately's public key.  In other
>words, if you wrap layers of chained remailers inside each other, you
>will now have to have NATELY as the *last* link in your chain as it will
>otherwise discard the rest of the block. Alternatively you can have the
>chain as a series of attached files.

I am not sure what is going on with remailer@nately. I just tested it,
sending a PGP encrypted message chained through it 3 times, I also sent a
message chained through nately to c2. They both worked fine. Are you using
a program to build the chain, like "Chain"? If so, which?

Mixmaster now has a PGP key (it has had one for a long time for testing
purposes, this is a new one). The front end for using mixmaster remailer
type 2 messages is on my WWW page. Right now it only runs on Suns.

Lance Cottrell  who does not speak for CASS/UCSD
[email protected]
PGP 2.6 key available by finger or server. Encrypted mail welcome.
Home page http://nately.ucsd.edu/~loki/
Check out my essay on the next generation remailer Mixmaster on the WWW page.
For anon remailer info, mail [email protected] Subject: remailer-help

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly
it flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night the ice
weasels come."
                        --Nietzsche