Re: Not necessarily crypto but scary anyway...

> On Wed, 8 Feb 1995, Ben wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 8 Feb 1995, root wrote:
>
> > > A friend advises me that today House Bill 666 passed. This supposedly would
> > > allow police officers to use evidence collected illegaly if they 'believed'
> > > that it was collected in good faith.
>
> > This sounds like a spoof.  Look at the number.
>
> Unfortunately, it is not.  World Wide Web yourself over to
> http://thomas.loc.gov/ and search for hr 666...you will find it.
>
> "A Bill to control crime by exclusionary rule reform..." maybe if
> "control" means "aiding and abetting"
>
> -Thomas

I haven't looked it up yet, but I did hear about the bill on news
last night, so I would say it is legit.

The number of the devil indeed.
Dan Oelke                                  Alcatel Network Systems
[email protected]                             Richardson, TX
http://spirit.aud.alcatel.com:8081/~droelke/