Re: Effects of S.314 (Communications Decency Act)

On Wed, 8 Feb 1995, Carl Ellison wrote:

> >From: [email protected]
>
> >of the very most important rights.  To hold the owner of a buliten
> >board responsible for the illegal messages posted to it, is to force
> >the buliten board owner to become a government censor in all but name
> >(and wages).
>
> anyone heard of "no unfunded mandates" ?

This is one of my favorite pet arguments in this case. With the no
unfunded mandates notion in the air for the States, why can't sysops
demand the same treatment, given the resources that would have to be
devoted to tracking content on their sysytems.

- dog