No Subject

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] writes:
>    From: "Kipp E.B. Hickman" <[email protected]>
>
>    You are right here. However, our observation is that an interesting
>    chunk of the world is moving towards using X.509 based certificate
>    infrastructures for many things.
>
> It's that interesting chunk that RSADSI is pointing out to you.  When
> you see the world through the eyes of a vendor ...

Actually we are getting strong interest from almost everybody but RSA.
I imagine that RSA may have some plans in this area, but what they are
is unknown to me.

> And you know, of course, that PEM really stands for Patent Extension
> Mechanism.

Har! Besides the certificate problems, are there other problems with
PEM that have prevented its adoption?

> I don't really blame you much.  I mean TIPEM handles all the X.509
> stuff just fine and PGP can't get out even the simplest of libraries,
> or even a partial library.

Our implementation supports this X.509 stuff as well. We don't have a
DUA yet though...

Kipp E.B. Hickman          Netscape Communications Corp.
[email protected]          http://home.mcom.com/people/kipp/index.html