Re: S. 314 and existing situation

In article <[email protected]>,
slowdog <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hard to tell from this bill what the deal is on this. Common carriers
> aren;t completely immune from prosecution or lawsuit or whatnot to begin
> with. But in addition, S.314 introduces "transmit or otherwise make
> available" into the language of the law. Which makes the -carrier- of the
> "offending" information responsible.

Interesting point, there.

Following from that:

        Telecoms have bucks.
        Telecoms have lawyers.
        Telecoms are the 'transmission' agents for pretty much all of
                the internet. Even high speed dedicated T1s are usually
                from a telecom or two.

Can we get them involved?

--
America - a country so rich and so strong we can reward the lazy
          and punish the productive and still survive (so far)

Know your Constitution (void where prohibited)