Re: why pgp sucks

Matt Blaze <[email protected]> writes:
>More seriously, the problem that Perry brought up is that it's hard
>to deploy any kind of scaleable key distribution infrastructure
>that works with PGP (as it currently exists - and yes, I realize
>there are work-arounds for some specific situations).

Could you have a distributed database where you lookup by key ID and get
a key?  Or is there a constraint that the key distribution infrastructure has
to be part of the DNS?

I could see a set of key servers where one deals with all keys that start
with 0x00, the next has all keys which start with 0x01, etc.  This makes
it easy to know which server to go to in order to look up a given key ID.

Hal