Re: why pgp sucks

The only problem with piggybacking off the current DNS implementation
is that DNS was designed for SMALL pieces of data (read: hostnames and
IP addresses).  PGP keys are HUGE pieces of data, in respect, and DNS
just wont handle the sizes.  For example, my PGP key is about 8k of
data (approximately).  DNS would never be able to handle that!

It its bigger than a single UDP packet DNS has trouble.

No, while DNS is a perfect model for a distributed keyserver,
it is by no means the implementation infrastructure that we want
to use.

-derek