---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 95 05:06 EST
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]

Please excuse any duplication to you.  I have not finished sorting out my
lists and only recently figured out the difference between individuals and
newsgroups (and have not yet gotten the names that are already in
newsgroups).  This was too important to wait on me to finish sorting.

***********************  ALERT   ALERT  ************************

WARRENTLESS SEARCHES CAN NOW BE APPROVED BY FREEH, RENO, DOD, ET.
AL. AND CONDUCTED BY ANY FED AGENCY.  DUE TO THE CRIME BILL, THE FED
AGENCIES ARE NOW ALL OPERATING IN CONSOLIDATED "TASK FORCES."

   THIS EXECUTIVE ORDER ***SPECIFICALLY*** APPLIES TO ANYONE USING
            COMPUTER COMMUNICATIONS TO GATHER INFORMATION
              (SEE THE UNDERLYING LAW AT 50 USC 1801.)
              IT MAY ALSO BE USED TO APPLY TO MILITIAS BY THE
              AMBIGUOUS WORDING IN 50 USC 1801 and PL 103-359

                            THE WHITE HOUSE
                     Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release                              February 9, 1995

                           EXECUTIVE ORDER

                            - - - - - - -
               FOREIGN INTELLIGENCE PHYSICAL SEARCHES

       By the authority vested in me as President by the
Constitution and the laws of the United States, including sections
302 and 303 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978
("Act") (50 U.S.C. 1801, et seq.), as amended by Public Law 103-
359, and in order to provide for the authorization of physical
searches for foreign intelligence purposes as set forth in the Act,
it is hereby ordered as follows:

       Section 1.  Pursuant to section 302(a)(1) of the Act, the
Attorney General is authorized to approve physical searches, without
a court order, to acquire foreign intelligence information for
periods of up to one year, if the Attorney General makes the
certifications required by that section.

       Sec. 2.  Pursuant to section 302(b) of the Act, the Attorney
General is authorized to approve applications to the Foreign
Intelligence Surveillance Court under section 303 of the Act to
obtain orders for physical searches for the purpose of collecting
foreign intelligence information.

       Sec. 3.  Pursuant to section 303(a)(7) of the Act, the
following officials, each of whom is employed in the area of
national security or defense, is designated to make the
certifications required by section 303(a)(7) of the Act in support
of applications to conduct physical searches:

       (a) Secretary of State;

       (b) Secretary of Defense;

       (c) Director of Central Intelligence;

       (d) Director of the Federal Bureau of
           Investigation;

       (e) Deputy Secretary of State;

       (f) Deputy Secretary of Defense; and

       (g) Deputy Director of Central Intelligence.

       None of the above officials, nor anyone officially acting in
that capacity, may exercise the authority to make the above
certifications, unless that official has been appointed by the
President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate.

                         WILLIAM J. CLINTON

  THE WHITE HOUSE,
      February 9, 1995.

*  Dr. Linda D. Thompson                  NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE.            *
*  American Justice Federation
*
*  3850 S. Emerson Avenue, Suite E,  Indianapolis, IN 46203             *
*  Telephone: (317) 780-5203      AEN News BBS: (317) 780-5211      *
*  Fax: (317) 780-5209                 Orders (Visa/MC) 1-800-749-9939   *
*  Internet:  [email protected]
*