Re: the problem that destroyed PGP

[email protected] says:
> So finding a KeyID is the problem that destroys PGP eh?

No, it doesn't "destroy" it. PGP just needs a redesign to pass along
DNSable tags (like [email protected]) with keyIDs.

> Well I would just take that as the problem to solve, not a
> reason to throw the baby out with the bath water.

No one is proposing throwing it away. People are proposing small
changes to the format.

> All we need to do is design a distributed, hashed database.
> Should be a piece 'o cake, right?

No, we aren't going to do that, because its an administrative
nightmare, and I can't imagine proposing such a thing with a straight
face at an IETF meeting.

> Hey look, the net supports archie and a host of other non-structured
> search mechanisms.

No, it doesn't. Archie is a piece of shit that can't find what I need
about two thirds of the time and is slow as molasses and cannot
scale. It was a nice idea but its at the breaking point.

Perry