Re: EPIC to Debate Exon on CNN

On 13 Feb 1995, Dave Banisar wrote:

> CNN's 6:00 p.m. (EST) news broadcast tonight (2/13) will include a
> segment on S. 314, "The Communications Decency Act," introduced by
> Sen. James Exon (D-NE).  Judy Woodruff will moderate a discussion
> of the bill with Sen. Exon and Marc Rotenberg of the Electronic
> Privacy Information Center (EPIC).

Just got done watching it (and I have it on video tape.) In a nutshell,
Senator Exon was much more convincing than Mr. Rotenberg. :( Why didn't
EPIC field someone with better debating skills? A sellout was offered a
la EFF and DT. Mr. Rotenberg seemed ill prepared and not really
interested in the issue. This is not a good omen. The perseption left in
my non-internet literate wife was that the INTERNET=smut. :(

All in all, not a good showing IMHO,

Sam