Re: Anti-Electronic Racketeering Act of 1995 (fwd)

In message <[email protected]> "Brian A. LaMacchia" writes:
[...]

I agree that as drafted any GAK'ed crypto satisfies the
affirmative defense under Grassley's s. 1030(a).

> The proposed 1030A(c) provides a defense to prosecution under 1030A(a).
> So if GAKed crypto satisfies 1030A(c) then it can be deployed without
> fear of prosecution under 1030A(a).  It might still violate ITAR, of
> course, although I suspect any system that satisfies 1030A(c) would be
> granted a CJ.

AFAIK, neither Clipper nor Capstone have actually gotten export
clearance yet.  No demand?  Fact that there were at last count
no more than two beta versions of the decrypt processor in
existence?  Or is my info just out of date....

[...]
--
Michael Froomkin                   until Aug 6: [email protected]
U.Miami School of Law                                     London, England