Re: SSLRef (SSLtelnet)

[email protected] said:
> Does anyone have an idea for a way to acquire a certificate
> acceptable to Netscape, perhaps one with a "broken key", that could
> be used for this purpose?

RSA will give out certificates to individuals; Apple includes a coupon for a
free one with their MacOS 7.5 (and 7 Pro) release.  There's a program for the
Mac (RIPEM Mac) that will convert the keys returned into RIPEM usable
PEM-format keys.  Isn't that what SSL uses?

The only question is what CAs are supported by the browser....  I think the
Apple keys are under RSA's Unaffiliated User CA...

If there's interest, I'll look further into this.

Bob