Re: The Dangers of Caribbean Data Havens

At 10:19 AM 9/4/95 -0700, Timothy C. May wrote:
>"Outages" lasting days or weeks after these islands get torn up every few
>years will not go too well with international commerce.

I thought there were a number of bank and credit card data entry
centers that had already moved to the Carribean. They may not care
if the local phone service gets wiped out for several weeks if
they have a hardened line to the nearest Cable & Wireless earth station.

--
John A. Limpert
[email protected]