Re: NSA says Joe Sixpack won't buy crypto

On Tue, 5 Sep 1995, Jeff Simmons wrote:

> Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 16:00:38 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jeff Simmons <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: NSA says Joe Sixpack won't buy crypto
>

> > > Here's a prediction:  within one year, we will see the advent of Micro$oft's
> > > "Not So Bad Privacy".  It'll be a secret algorithm with either GAK done by
> > > Micro$oft itself, or a flat-out trap door.  ANY communications with a
> > > Windoze box or network will have to use it, or loose the market.
> >
> Black Unicorn wrote:
> >
> > It's here already.
> > It's called "lotus notes."
> >
> So what form of GAK or trap-door does lotus notes contain?

No, it's just been so weak before the current implementation of RC4 (and
note the export version still has 40 bits) that it might as well be nothing.

> --
> Jeff Simmons                           [email protected]

00B9289C28DC0E55 nemo repente fuit turpissimus - potestas scientiae in usu est
E16D5378B81E1C96 quaere verum ad infinitum, loquitur sub rosa    -    wichtig!
*New Key Information*    -    Finger for key revocation and latest key update.