Secure Device 1.4 QuestionSecure Device 1.4 Question

I just installed Secure Device, v1.4 on a PC at work.  After
installing it, I looked at the encrypted volume and found the string
"SECDEV  " starting at the fourth byte of the file.  I'd prefer that
this file look like some temporary file that got left on the disk by
a program that didn't clean up properly after itself, and not be
identifiable as an encrypted volume.

Is there a way to get Secure Device to not leave identifiable
plaintext like that in the file?  Will I do any harm to the file if
I replace that string with blanks, or something more innocuous?  If
it's required to be there, then I'd like to put its removal on the
"wish list" for the next version.  (I copied the file, replaced the
string "SECDEV" with blanks using a hex editor, and then mounted the
copy as an encrypted volume, and it seems to be working OK, but I
wanted to make sure this won't cause unforseen problems in the
future.)

As you've probably guessed, I'm not supposed to have any personal
files on my work computer, and an entire encrypted volume would
undoubtedly make someone go ballistic if they discovered it.  When I
want to use my encrypted file system, I reboot off of a floppy, and
all Secure Device programs and drivers are kept on the floppy.  The
only thing that has to be left on the hard drive is the encrypted
volume itself.

Please post a copy of any replies to the Cypherpunks mailing list at
"[email protected]".  Thanks.