Re: Lotus Notes vs. the Web and the Net

At 11:29 PM 9/5/95, Timothy C. May wrote:
>On this one I agree...and I've said this here on this list. Local groups,
>such as university departments, corporate departments, even entire
>corporations, can use the Web/Net in ways similar to what Lotus Notes
>provides (using their own LANs, or even the Internet, with suitable
>security steps).

My favorite financial application for small multinationals (one of my
clients is a haircutter with 50 salons and 4 schools worldwide) is nightly
remittances to the home office in e$, especially in cash.

The consequences for the banking and tax systems are obvious. But it's
possible to imagine interesting changes in the foriegn exchange markets as
well ...

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga ([email protected])
Shipwright Development Corporation, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131
USA (617) 323-7923
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell