Re: NSA on GAK

At 16:25 9/14/95, Rich Salz wrote:
>>> Internet runs on software distributed over the Internet.
>
>This is more like an aphorism than a true statement.

Um, not really. I dunno about you, but I don't bother to get new ROMs from
cisco for each new software release - I FTP the code over the net, and
write it into flash RAM in the routers (or net boot it). So, in fact, there
are many sites (and backbones) for which that statement is literally true.

Erik Fair

P.S.    And yes, cisco does publish MD5 hashes of their binaries.