Re: Anonymous WWW proxy Alpha release available

Duncan Frissell writes:
 > Thanks.  What we now need is a proxy located in the US with good connections
 > for performance.
yes ! yes ! anyone with tcl-dp and tclX installed to run one ?
we need to have a 'network' of proxies !
[maybe I shall 'translate' the prototype in perl or C... but I'm much
more used to Tcl than Perl, and Tcl writting is infintly faster than C
for web tasks]

 > Does anyone know a good test page that reads back the info
 > your browser is putting out so you can test proxies?

http://hplyot.obspm.fr:8001/
shows what has been sent to it by the browser (between other www
goodies) [You can put the following
---8<---
#! /bin/sh
echo "Content-type: text/plain"
echo ""
/bin/env
---8<---
as a minimal debugging cgi too, on any httpd, if you want]

regards
dl

--
Laurent Demailly * http://hplyot.obspm.fr/~dl/ * Linux|PGP|Gnu|Tcl|...  Freedom
Prime#1: cent cinq mille cent cinq milliards cent cinq mille cent soixante sept