Re: Hurricane Luis in Anguilla / Cellphone Antenna

Assuming your cellphone operates in the 800 MHz range, transmitting with
about 1 W., I think you're out of luck.

With UHF and particularly at low power levels, you just about have to be
line-of-sight to the receiving antenna. Guessing how high up your antenna
might be and how high the receiving antenna could be, I would say you
would be lucky to achieve a range of 20 miles.  I'd be astonished at
anything over 50.

Brad