Re: PGP for Linux 1.2.8

On Mon, 18 Sep 1995, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Hi.  PGP 2.6.2 compiles out-of-the-box on Linux.  In fact, Linux is my
> personal development platform at home, so I make sure that it works.
> Just "make" in rsaref/install/unix, and then "make linux" in src.

Heh.  It's not QUITE so simple.  :)

If you're running an ELF system, you have to pretend it's a sys v system
(or, alternatively, remove all the leading underscores in the .globl
names in the assembly language (*.S) files.

Also, you should upgrade to the latest 1.2.x version of linux, as there
was a fairly large memory leak until 1.2.11 or 1.2.12 or so...

OBCrypto: UNIX confuses me :)
Jon
Jon Lasser                <[email protected]>            (410)494-3072
          Visit my home page at http://www.goucher.edu/~jlasser/
  You have a friend at the NSA: Big Brother is watching. Finger for PGP key.