Re: Linux security issues

	 I dont see what this has to do with Linux. The question should
be does the PGP pass phrase ever apper in a swap partition/file.
Well the swap space is an extention of memory, forming part of the
virtual memory system. Obisouly PGP needs to read the passphrase into memory.
And Iam sure is goes out of it way to not keep it there for long. But on
a loaded system PGP might get swaped out the moment it reads the passphrase.
Further more if the system happens to crash at that instant the
passphrase will be keept in the swap space. But this is true for any piece
of memory, PGP passphrase, or not.

Aleph One / [email protected]
http://underground.org/
KeyID 1024/948FD6B5
Fingerprint EE C9 E8 AA CB AF 09 61  8C 39 EA 47 A8 6A B8 01