Re: Digicash will not fly (not)

On Sun, 29 Oct 1995, M. F. (Pat) Sprague wrote:

> "James A. Donald" <[email protected] wrote:
> >While Chaum is a brilliant cryptographer, he is an incompetent businessman
> >
> >He has demonstrated this in numerous ways.
> >
> >The latest being "Cash" where the bank skims off 4% to 10% every time.
> >
> >No one is going to use digicash under these kinds of terms and
> >conditions.
>

> Doesn't just about everyone do precisely this when they pay sales tax?
> Every time a buck arrives or departs a hand one pays a tax yet the system (you and I)continues accepting these terms albeit painfully.

Unfortunately, now with digicash purchases you pay BOTH the sales tax AND
the banks (extortionate) cut.

> >We have the right to defend ourselves	|   http://www.jim.com/jamesd/
> >and our property, because of the kind	|
> >of animals that we are. True law	|   James A. Donald
> >derives from this right, not from the	|
> >arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]

---
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information