Re: Cuban Security Conference

At 01:22 PM 10/30/95 -0500, [email protected] wrote:
> For that matter is civilian use of strong (or any other kind) crypto actually
> legal in Cuba? Anyone know the policies? (duh, lemme guess...)

Well everything is legal in Cuba since there are no discernable laws, only
policies, however at they time that I visited Cuba those phones available
to ordinary citizens had a phonekeeper seated right beside the phone.

On the other hand, no one would stop you setting up a data haven or
some such in Cuba, provided it was strictly off limits to Cubans,
but you could not set up a bank, because sooner or later somebody
quite important would help themselves to the banks assets.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]