Re: The Free Speech Implications of Remailers

At 10:32 PM 10/1/95 -0700, Tim May wrote:
<snip>
>Well, guess what? The very technologies we have been so central in
>deploying are the technologies that make _conventional_ means of
>controlling distasteful material so hard.
>system of the various mail delivery systems.)
<snip>
>Crypto anarchy means the racists, sexists, speciesists, and other "ists"
>cannot be muzzled. I call this a good thing. It's why I'm here.

   Excellent analysis.  One can't argue with logic, nor should one forget
the purpose and spirit of this list.
   The fact that spamming is in poor taste is irrefutable.  However, some of
the "where did this come from"? responses are starting to sound like some
people are suddenly against the use of anonymous remailers.  I, for one,
would hope that people are simply rising to the challenge of tracing the
routers.
   Kill the message if you are so moved -- not the technological messenger.

Lynne L. Harrison, Esq.
Poughkeepsie, New York
[email protected]

"Say not, 'I have found the truth', but rather, 'I have found a truth.'"
                         - Kahlil Gibran from "The Prophet"