Re: subjective names and MITM

> From: Scott Brickner <[email protected]>
>
> Patrick Horgan writes:
> >Given the difficulty of finding primes, how likely do you think it is that
> >given one of the well known methods and finding the first 1024 bit prime
> >that pops out would give you an effective attack?
>
> I'm not an expert here, but I understand the "well-known methods" to
> essentially use some formula that "tends" to generate prime numbers from
> uniformly distributed numbers, feed it a "good" random number, and then
> check to see if it's really prime.  If it's not, pick another "good"
> random number and try again.  The entropy in the prime is the same
> as in the random number generator.

Can someone give me pointers to literature on this?  Books prefered.

Patrick
  /  These opinions are mine, and not Verity's (except by coincidence;).  \
 |  Patrick J. Horgan         Verity Inc.                 \\    Have       |
 |  [email protected]        1550 Plymouth Street         \\  _ Sword     |
 |  Phone : (415)960-7600     Mountain View                 \\/    Will    |
 |  FAX   : (415)960-7750     California 94303             _/\\     Travel |