[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Question on Galois Fields
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Question on Galois Fields
- From: Usuario Acceso2 <[email protected]>
- Date: Mon, 9 Oct 1995 12:13:34 UTC+0100
- Conversion: Prohibited
- Sender: [email protected]
- X400-Content-Type: P2-1984 (2)
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [/PRMD=iris/ADMD=mensatex/C=es/;951009121334]
- X400-Originator: [email protected]
- X400-Received: by mta diatel.upm in /PRMD=/ADMD=/C=/; Relayed; Mon, 9 Oct 1995 12:13:34 UTC+0100
- X400-Received: by /PRMD=iris/ADMD=mensatex/C=es/; Relayed; Mon, 9 Oct 1995 12:13:34 UTC+0100
- X400-Recipients: non-disclosure:;
Here's a rather mathematical question.
Can anyone explain or give an example of how to use arithmetic in GF(q^n)?
Often in cryptography we work in GF(p). I knew the existence of other fields,
like elliptic curves and so, but I found a short comment in Applied
Cryptography page 210 that I couldn't understand.
Thanks in advance for your help.