responce to graphic encryption replies

   First, I would like to address the issue of David C.'s spam of the
usenet. Mr. Clavedetcher does not work for nor does he represent us in
any way. After receiving word from Cypherpunks that he had spamed the
list I personally contacted him and informed him to cease and desist
these actions or face legal action. We at PrivaSoft do not conduct nor
condone such actions on the Net. During my conversation with him I
discovered he was a zealous individual looking to make good on our
rebate program, as per our Web page. If you should receive any further
spams from him or any other over zealous netuser, Please contact me
immediately. Also if you could inform me of other news groups/ lists he
spammed so I may contact them as well regarding this. Thanx.

    Second I would like to begin addressing several of the issues
raised by my inquiry of Graphic Encryption. Firstly Graphic Encryption
is the scrambling of a graphic image using an encryption algorithm. In
PrivaSoft's case the Image is that of your document, including all text
and graphics contained therein. Syntel Sciences, the distributor of
PrivaSoft, does not wish to publish its algorithm at this time, however
if there is any question as to the strength of PrivaSoft and its
Graphic Encryption engine, I would be happy to post a sample document
for you to try and crack. Also, I have recently put together an info
sheet on the Security provided by PrivaSoft which I can post if there
is interest.

    One of the key strengths, as I see it, of graphic encryption is
that during decryption via hacking, there is an added time element when
a human interface is required to verify the product, ( since it is a
graphic picture being produced, regular checksums for intelligible
words can't be used sans implementing OCR), even if this is only 10
milliseconds per try this is increases the time to crack exponentially
beyond that of a data encrypted document of similar key length and
algorithm strength.

    Once again I would like to apologize on behalf of Syntel Sciences -
PrivaSoft for the nuisance caused by the spam done by David C. and I
wish to reiterate that such actions are not condoned by us and will not
be tolerated.

Steve Orrin
Mgr. Tech. Services,  PrivaSoft

PrivaSoft TM                                    *
Distributed by Syntel Sciences, Inc. USA        *
1877 Springfield Ave PO BOX 600                 *
 Maplewood NJ 07040-0600                        *
Tel. 201-378-8865  Fax. 201-762-3742            *
Http://www.privasoft.com/privasoft              *
E-mail: [email protected]                  *