Re: PC disk wipe software

>Archive data off to tape, low level format drive using the bios hd utils,
>reformat drive, restore data. I find the non graphical AMI bios very useful
>for this.
>
>Doing anything else fails to remove the old data on partially used but valid
>blocks.

Why do people insist this is the case?
ABsolutely not true under MS-DOS.
I haven't personally verified under a VxD file system (like 32bit disk
access) but ask yourself: if I expand (by appending new garbage data) the
current file to the next allocation-unit boundary, will that overwrite the
tail blocks of the current file????  Folks: it's sooooo easy.