Re: Netscape rewards are an insult

Frederick B. Cohen writes:
 > 	The idea that Netscape (like Microsoft) thinks they can get free
 > testing services from all over the net by real experts just by offerring
 > a tee shirt is down right offensive.
[...$25k...]

They always did that, without even giving away T-shirt since they
released the first beta version to world. As long as people enjoy
playing for free with a product and give feed back and see the program
improved... why would it stop ?
Personally, though I prefer free products (but ppl have to get some
money for a living....), I think it is not that bad an idea, and
I trust lot of people will continue to do it for the fun of it {As
long as the company is *really* listening to reports....}

dl
--
Laurent Demailly * http://hplyot.obspm.fr/~dl/ * Linux|PGP|Gnu|Tcl|...  Freedom
Prime#1: cent cinq mille cent cinq milliards cent cinq mille cent soixante sept

cryptographic arrangements Ortega South Africa SDI plutonium CIA