Re: crypto export from the UK

Mr. Mats Bergstrom,

On Thu, 19 Oct 1995 20:50:07 +0100 (MET) you said:
 > According to the well researched list of various countries' crypto-laws
 > that Bert-Jaap Koops published on this list last July, the UK does not
 > have any laws against export of crypto. Here are some excerpts.
:
:
 > CRYPTO LAW SURVEY
 > Version July 1995
 > Bert-Jaap Koops ([email protected])
 > Please credit if quoting.
:
:
 > SURVEY PER COUNTRY
 > 1. Export/ import regulations
 > 2. Other laws/regulations pertaining to encryption
 > 3. Threats/ intentions to regulate encryption
 > 4. Regulations stimulating encryption use
:
:
 > _COCOM_
 > 1. COCOM (Coordinating Committee for Multilateral Export Controls)
 > is an international organization (Japan, Australia, and all NATO

Thanks for your info about _United Kingdom_.  In addition
to it, tell me please about _Japan_ info if you can.

P.S.
Now I am match interested in crypto-related info about the
US and Japan.  Few weeks ago, I read articles on a Japanese
computer-related biz mag.:

 (1) a software company has imported RSA's BSAFE toolkit,
 (2) the US gov. has eased ITAR reg. off at last month.

If you have more info or more exact info, please tell me.
> all

Thanx.

# Note that I will take a week's holiday.  So I will not be
# able to reply for your mail even if you send me.  But I
# will reply when I will return to work.

- Tsuyoshi Hayashi <[email protected]>
-- Tech. div., Sony Computer Systems Inc.
--- # private: [email protected] (read not frequently)