MD5 weakness ? [was Re: Netscape Logic Bomb detailed by IETF]

DOCTOR Frederick B. Cohen writes:
 > [...] uses an MD5 checksum which the members
 > of this list seem to place unlimited trust in (incorrectly in my view,
 > but that would be picking two nits with one keyboard entry).

Can you elaborate with facts on the supposed weakness of MD5 ?

[btw who talked about 'unlimited' trust ?]

dl
--
Laurent Demailly * http://hplyot.obspm.fr/~dl/ * Linux|PGP|Gnu|Tcl|...  Freedom
Prime#1: cent cinq mille cent cinq milliards cent cinq mille cent soixante sept

AK-47 PGP domestic disruption CIA cracking strategic Clinton